PRODUCT REVIEW: Arms' Reach Co-Sleeper


PRODUCT REVIEW: Arms' Reach Co-Sleeper

I got this beautiful crib for 2nd hand in one of my favorite groups on Facebook. Someone else actually tried to buy it, but because she wasn’t able to write the exact word SOLD (as per group rules), it went to me! It was serendipity, I tell you. I’ve been drooling over these co-sleepers even before I got pregnant. Heck, I’ll admit – it made me want to get pregnant so I can have one! I was lucky to get this 2nd hand at a great price, in such pristine condition.

This is the exact model and color that I bought. Super nice!


With my 1st 2 children,  I was given 2nd hand cribs, the regular ones that you put at the end of your bed or elsewhere in the room. However, being young and naïve, when the babies were a bit bigger we had them sleep right beside us, with our bed pushed against a wall. That’s a big SIDS no-no. So with this crib, it was the 1st time that I could look directly at the baby in her newborn stages. 

Elena's first few minutes at home. This is my view from beside her, on my bed!
I am SO SO freaking glad I got this co-sleeper! I’m all about paranoia, and I watch Elena while she sleeps. I set my alarm for every 2 hours just to make sure she’s breathing. (I blame this on trauma from my last pregnancy.) It is so handy, then, to have her right in front of my face every time I wake up – without any danger of accidentally rolling over her or hitting her with my arms. In addition, when you have a cesarian delivery like I did, everything hurts the first few weeks, huh. So it's great that I could just sit beside her on the bed and pick her up to nurse her, without having to stand up and bend down. I remember it hurting like a *BLEEP* when the CS scar would hit the edge of the crib when I'd bend down over my previous cribs. 

Of course, there are a few disadvantages. One problem with this crib  is that the areas that cover the top and sides make it difficult to attach mobiles (no bars), so make sure to get a mobile that can even clasp on (because most won't.) In addition to that, the covers get dirty pretty quickly, and though they're easy to remove you probably won't because, well, you have a newborn baby. You can't also put or lace bumpers on the sides, though that's not advised anyway even with regular cribs. 
Mobiles must have clamp clasps in order to be attached
The cot also fits perfectly into our room. Thank goodness, because our room is teeny tiny. If we had a bigger room though, there's a strap that comes with it so that it's firmly attached to your bed, by lacing thru your mattress. 

I have yet to give feedback on this crib when Elena's too big for the top part. But I think it will just be like a regular crib only STILL right beside by bed. Which would be great, because to escape her crib she'll have to go through our bed first. 

I would highly suggest getting this crib!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)