Northern Roadtrip 2013 - Mango Valley (Subic)

As this was an impromptu roadtrip, with no specific days on a particular location, we had to play everything by ear. So.... we didn't have a place to stay in Subic when we got there. This is unusual for us, since we usually book our places wayyyyy in advance because I want to find dirt-cheap places that are clean. 

When we got to Subic, while eating our late lunch, I used my Samsung S4 to find nearby hotels with high ratings in Agoda. Unfortunately, it seems that the expensive resorts were the ones with high ratings! The rest had low ratings! I was ready to check in a hotel (sorry forgot the name) that was P3,000 a night, but on the way there, almost across the street, we saw this building -- Mango Valley.

J said it looks nice, maybe they have rooms. The place across was their's as well. We left the kids in the car in front, and went in to check out the place.

The lobby had cold aircon and had a welcoming air to it. We asked the rate per night -- P1,600! They said we could check out the rooms, and they were clean and HUGE. We were... well, shocked. Good thing we stopped to check it out!

No elevator, so you need to take the stairs to your room. They have staff who brings your bags up and down though.

Small, but welcoming and cold, lobby.



They had a ballet room! Maybe kids practice here on weekdays.

TAMANG TAMA! May gym!! Hahahaha!


This is a pic of our room. If I'm not mistaken, it has 2 queen sized beds.
Overall, we had a good stay here. What a steal! Aircon was super cold, TV had all the cable channels. We were actually tempted to stay and watch tv in the aircon since it was blistering hot outside.
This is Mika watching Hunger Games. Yes, she looked mortified here. 


They had slippers, toothpaste toothbrushes. Not high-end, but I was surprised that they were even providing that!


Mango Valley is a few steps away from Royale Subic (which, if I'm not mistaken, is Rustans owned.) It's like a typical grocery but some nice imported stuff like chocolates are being sold. I found my Monterey Chimichanga here, which I super miss and love (from Canada), but since I didn't have a freezer I didn't bring any back. 

The whole place is new. They have different Mango Valley buildings (I think ours was 2 or 3) but all seemed nice looking and clean. Definitely recommended!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)