Northern Roadtrip of 2013

While I was pregnant, I made a list of things that I missed doing. I missed doing them because I was stuck in bed, and physically limited. This included eating at my favorite restaurants (the smells made me sick), doing things with my kids outdoors (well, this was rare to begin with, we were more of aircon people), and jogging (insert FEELING here bwahahahah). I think I just missed the freedom of movement.

This gave rise to another list eventually, the things I WOULD do and I have NEVER DONE BEFORE if I made it thru without physical problems. There's a separate mental list of things Kat and I would do if she made it thru, but I never had the heart to write it down. Anyways, the list of things I WOULD do included:
1. Surfing at Baler. (I know, I'm so FEELING talaga. Whales don't surf! But I tried it once and I liked it. By once, I mean, a surfboard hit me on the head once in Punta Fuego. It was love at first hit.)
2. Learn how to DJ. (This is a long story in itself.)
3. Hike up a mountain. (Added Mt. Pulag to my list just recently.)
4. Roadtrip with my kids (they were old enough not to throw up all over the car.)
5. Wakeboarding at Nuvali. (Poor boat about to pull me.)

We finally got to do No. 4!

We had this rare opportunity on the last weekend of May. For some reason, we had a completely open weekend. This was a first for the year, but usually happens when school is about to start.

To be honest, we planned to spend that weekend locally, like in Tagaytay. I didn't want to spend so much, since we had just spent a big chunk of money on 2 tuitions. Plus, I was planning to have my wisdom teeth removed, in case we didn't go to Tagaytay. Labo right? However, we found out that my cousin needed to go for my mom for a court thing. While we were eating breakfast, she told us that she was leaving after lunch, and right then and there we decided to go with her! We followed after a few hours, because I still had meetings lined up and we needed to pack. It was SUPER IMPROMPTU!

It was one of the coolest experiences we've ever had. I've broken it down into different entries -- I apologize if they are not in chronological order. To be honest, I was thinking of going as far as Vigan and Pagudpud, but we didn't have enough time. Most of the places I went to were covered in Anton's Our Awesome Planet site, and had good feedback. Some were surprise and side of the road kind of discoveries.

One thing's for sure --- I never knew Baguio was SO FAR. I usually slept thru most of the trips there. This time, though, J was the driver, and it was his first time to drive up to Baguio. So I had to stay awake and make sure he was driving in the right direction. Needless to say, I missed having a driver. Hahahaha! It really was a different experience, though, for our family to be just US. Really memorable.


I'm sure my kids won't forget that week anytime soon. As I've mentioned before, my kids are really good travellers, actually. Never had a problem, tantrum, annoying episode, even in our travel abroad. They are patient and kind, and can fall asleep at the snap of the finger enroute to anywhere. I guess those are the benefits of starting to travel when the children are older. Always hungry nga lang! It's like they want to eat EVERYTHINGGGGG.

I really hope we can do it again next year! And go further up North, so I can really say it was a full Northern Roadtrip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)