Northern Roadtrip 2013 - Extremely lonnnggggg ride from Baguio to Subic

For some darn reason, I thought the ride to Subic FROM Baguio would be shorter than the ride from Manila TO Subic. 

I was sooooo wrong. As I was staring at the blinking dot on the GPS, I couldn't believe how mistaken I was. Subic was wayyyyy farther if you were coming from Baguio!
Since I had underestimated the whole distance-time ratio, we missed lunch. We were starving, it was 1PM and we were just about to hit SCTEX! So we stopped at one of these places and bought their native specialty. Forgive me, I forgot the name, it was some coconut treat similar to Puto Bumbong in texture. It was yummy, but the kids weren't so into it. They ended up just nibbling from a box of snacks we had prepared for the trip. (Looking back, that was a good call, even if that box took up half the backseat of our car. Our kids always want to have something in their mouths, it must be that age.)

Luckily, we had clear, beautiful skies alllll the way thru. And of course, being SCTEX, it was Zero traffic. 

I would say, at regular speed, the ride from Baguio to Subic took us about 4 hours. After all, when you enter one end of SCTEX coming from Baguio, the very opposite end is already Subic. Don't even bother checking out every exit --- it's really the last stop or so. Thank goodness that these highways don't have any traffic!

My kids were awake during the whole ride in SCTEX, most likely because they were a. dreaming of the pizza in Subic and b. the view was gorgeous. It's a good thing they were good sports about starving in the car with us (no amount of chips could really satiate the hunger, unfortunately.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)