Northern Roadtrip 2013 - Hill Station and Mt. Cloud Bookshop

Hill Station is a very popular area in Baguio now. Just a stone's throne away from SM Baguio, I never noticed it until I read about it in Anton's blog Ourawesomeplanet.com. As we passed by it going around Session, I promised we'd come back and check it out. The library in the adjacent Mt. Cloud Bookshop has starred several times on the IG feed of my friends.
Entrance Signages

Look upon entering. It was quite dark, as it was also dark outside. 

With my cousin Trish, and her BF Martin


At this point (a month later) for the life of me, I cannot recall the names of these dishes. Peruvian chicken? It was good, though nothing blockbuster for me. 

Personally, this was the dish that I enjoyed. It was their house salad, and it included native Baguio ingredients (what else?) like strawberries, candied walnuts. It was so fresh, like it was picked off their backyars. (It probably was!)

Another memorable dish, their ice cream incorporating Baguio flavors like Strawberry, dark chocolate. Cute presentation right? This is a must-order.

How small is the world? I saw my good friend Chastine while we were dining there! 

This is Mt. Cloud Bookshop. It's surprising, the array of books they have in a small place. There were some adult *ehem* books on the top part, but the whole bottom area had a lot of books on science, toys, kids books. My kids bought books for themselves. The prices are similar to the of Powerbooks, if not slightly higher. Well, it is a specialty shop. 

It's really cute in pictures. If I had space for a library at my house, I would build it like this, with ladders on the shelf. (Feeling Beauty and the Beast, haha!). It's a very cute photo-op place, the kids liked staying here while J and I finished our meal. 

Hill Station
Casa Vallejo
Upper Session Road
Baguio City
(it's a few metres away from SM Baguio).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)