Amazing.

Yesterday, I received a tag from Yheng, a mommy I met in Human Milk for Human Babies Philippines (she arranged the donation of milk for one of her friends). There was a call for help for milk, and I was able to contact the mom. Before even contacting her, Dra. Martinez from Makati Med already texted the request, so I knew that the milk was urgently needed.

Zel and I were able to PM each other, and discussed that her brother might pick up the milk the next morning.

When I woke up today, the milk was already picked up. I messaged Zel to remind her to ice it (since milk has to be frozen solid or else it spoils, and can't be refrozen.)

Apparently though, it was another family from Makati Med who picked up the milk (which I have no problems with!) And for good reason. The milk donations for Baby Bailey were, in Filipino terms -- "umaapaw!"


Can you imagine? A mom went there to express milk at MMC during her free time, another mom gave 120+ oz, and another gave 96 bags? Mommies only usually pump 3-4 oz per feeding, which is usually 1 bag... so that's a lot of pumping combined. Incredible! Dra. Martinez from MMC texted me to confirm that complete strangers were giving milk to the moms. (FYI most premies need only 5-10 oz A DAY). Makati Med's freezer must be stocked solid! It is so, so difficult to have enough milk for your own child, so to be able to pump more than that, then donate it to a complete stranger, is super generous. Thank God for technology which allows us all to connect so quickly when someone needs help. Thank you God for these amazing moms!

P.S. UST is also in need of Breast Milk right now for 2 patients, for information on how to contact the doctors and fellows of UST, just send me an email. Thank you!

Comments

  1. I am so very proud of what you are doing Mel. I am sure your baby girl up in heaven is so proud of you too. Keep up your good work. God bless. Love, Tita Ochie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)