Another Answer!

A few weeks ago, I posted here about how sometimes, I feel my baby, Kat, likes to respond to our questions by giving us different signs. Like, right away.

Then, a few days back, in this post, I blogged about how sad I felt that I was throwing away 'tainted' milk because of antibiotics, and was contemplating on stopping completely. (On a sidenote, though I now have non-stop coughing, not at all related to our Saturday incident, I have been on my feet since Monday working.)

Baby Kat strikes again!

Monday, just a day after my post, I woke up to an early message from one of the NICU doctors from UST. She had just come back from out of the country, and was hoping to ask for milk if there was any, for 2 babies I had given to before. Not wanting to answer right away that "no, there's no milk, there will be no milk for a while", I went back to sleep.

A few hours later, when I had a cup of coffee with my antiobiotics (don't judge me, I chew my medicine and it's the only way I can stand Zinnat), I texted her that unfortunately, I have been throwing away all my milk for the last few days, and wouldn't have any for a week or so.

She surprised me by texting me back not to throw away the milk, that they would still want it even if I was taking different medications. Now, before making any judgments (though I guess you can tell in this part that they really, really, really need breastmilk), apparently the perception is even with the mother taking antibiotics, breastmilk is STILL healthier than ANY formula. It's so healthy and nutritious daw, sayang to throw it away, they'll take care of it. Imagine that! This of course does not apply to all types of medication.

But to clear your mind of any worries, UST has a children's hospital where they can pasteurize and sterilize the milk, making it safe-r for drinking. Not all hospitals have this facility or are capable of doing this manually, and I had no idea that UST doctors can do that. I only thought Fabella, PGH, and Philippine Children's Hospital could pasteurize. I will definitely read up on how this is done, I read once you can do it at home yourself.

So here I am again, saving up new milk for UST. The only difference is for this week all the milk bags say what I've been taking for the last 24 hours in BIG BOLD LETTERS. Just to be sure =D They'll have all of the milk for this week. Though my supply has halved (a side-effect of the medicine), at least I don't need to throw it away anymore every time I pump.

So what do you think? Sounds like an answer again from our Baby right? Just when I thought that maybe I should be 'weaning' because of the pain and sadness from throwing away, here she is, teaching me another lesson.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)