Starbucks Planner 2012

Justin and I have been using the Starbucks planners since it first came out (2004?) We have therefore developed this unusual  and irrational belief that this planner, where we marked all our bookings for the year, brings us good luck and growth.

I know what you're thinking. There is, of course, no evidence that backs this up. However, it has been our tradition since we started the company, so... it seems like bad luck to stop it now.

However, with all that has happened this past year, I have lost interest in coffee. I buy iced coffee from Total Alabang now (P35), and only buy Starbucks coffee during meetings. Not only that, I have developed a love-hate affair with Serenitea's Okinawa and Cha Time's Chocolate Mousse. (I only have 1 a day of anything because I can't have too much caffeine when I donate milk). I can't imagine being in Starbucks so many times in the next few months that I would be able to get another planner (whereas in the last few years, I was there almost everyday, in multiple branches!)

So a few weeks back, while waiting for my event to start at Rockwell tent, I wandered around the mall and bought a Moleskin planner. Quite expensive at P1k+, but the thing is, if it's dawdy I'm not going to be inspired to work with it. And I really needed one very badly as I had bookings for August 2013 that I might forget about. So I bought it. (I would regret this later on, as the darn planner puts it's MONTH in the inner portion of the page!! It's so hard to flip to the correct month!)

Besides, I haven't been feeling particularly lucky this year, so I didn't feel like the Planner was doing it's magic anyways.

Then, 2 days ago...

(M & J passing by Starbucks Festival)
J: Hey, do you want to check out the new planner?
(I have to note here that my husband is not a Starbucks drinker. Ever. But he's been trying anything and everything to distract me since May, and this is one of his latest attempts.)

M: *shrugging* Sure. I'll get toffee nut instead of milk tea (I was on my way to Serenitea.)

M& J enter Starbucks, and pick up the planner from the display.

J: Wow! It's really nice this year!

M: (Flipping over the pages and slowwwlly filling with regret). Yes, it's really nice. *Puts planner back on shelf*

J: Oh, let's buy drinks na so we can start collecting for it!
*Mind you, in the past years, it would only take us about 2 weeks to get a planner. We would have 3-4 by Christmas, with the help of our friends*

M: I... won't be getting one this year.

J: Ha? But... it's our lucky planner.

M: I don't drink that much Starbucks anymore kase.

J: But... we have to do it.

M: I already bought a planner, from a bookstore.
(Starting to feel like I cheated on my reliable, good-looking Starbucks Planner with my querido, Moleskin Planner, who apparently, couldn't give me what I needed in life.)

J: *looking appalled* Get rid of it! Don't use it!

M: But, it was expensive!

J: So what? Don't use that! Let's get our drinks.

So yes, we are saving stickers again for our "lucky" Starbucks Planner. Mahirap na if it's a worse year for us next year, and I get blamed because I'm using a different planner! *Puts L sign on forehead*

I should have never cheated on the Starbucks Planner gameplan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)