Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - Damn Good.

God help me. I watched Breaking Dawn yesterday, and it was.... good. Really good, actually, compared to the previous movies.

I have always liked the Twilight book series. I grew up reading Sweet Valley High, so yeah, Twilight was the perfect adult book for me. Over the years, I have read deep books, intelligent books, best-sellers. Thick books, thin books. Nelson Mandela's autobiography. Life of Pi. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've read them all. But Twilight has a special place in my heart for the tweener in me, no matter how dumb people think it is. (PS, I HATE Fifty Shades of Grey, I can only read 3 pages at a time before mentally vomiting. I really don't know why.)

Despite loving the books, I hated the 1st movie with a passion! (Yet watched it several times, haha.) I didn't really enjoy the following movies, just watched it because I wanted to see how it was interpreted. However, I looked forward to seeing this last movie. It was the end of an era, for me and a million teenyboppers and TwiMoms.

And I ENJOYED the damn thing! Shooed all my sadness for 2 hours.

Perhaps I had super low expectations. For some reason, despite Rob's drop dead gorgeous face, the previous movies' cheesiness would make my skin crawl. Bad special effects added to the equally lowered bar. But this movie was entertaining! And, whoo boy, there were twists in this movie that left me shocked, horrified, at the edge of my seat. Why??? WHY??! Nooo!!! (I'm usually not that passionate when watching movies.) To my left was my husband, who, despite never picking up any of the books, was as startled as I was!

J (whispering loudly): Carlisle? Huh? Really?

M (eyes glued to the screen): I don't know. I DON'T KNOW! It's not like that in the book!

Everyone was whispering in the theatre. Seriously, everyone was like, WHAT? Did they change the ending or something?

Then the whole theatre just shut up for the next five minutes in shock.

Anyways, I don't want to give anything away. No spoilers here. I do want to say though that the theatre erupted into spontaneous clapping and cheering during the movie. And despite it's ultra-cheesiness, that last scene made me tear up a bit. And made me want to grow my own meadow. Even if you're not a Twihard, but you're familiar with the plot, it's a fun watch. A lot of slow parts and boring bits. But a damn good end to the movie series.

Credit: 2011 Summit Entertainment, LLC
*SIGH*
They show the cast of all the 5 movies in the credits. Considering this movie was done over 3, 4 years, the end made me very nostalgic. I felt the same way when the Lord of the Rings movies ended. Watch watch watch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)