Brasas Evia

We've been working for a few years at the Daang Hari area, where our warehouse is situated. We were very much delighted when Evia Lifestyle Center started building, and eventually opened up. It gave people in our area a grocery, McDonald's, drive-thru Starbucks, Rustan's! Before this, the nearest mall was Alabang Town Center, which was about a 20-minute drive without traffic. Evia was about a 5-minute drive. We felt very lucky with this new development, as we were planning to have our future home in the area as well.

Though we are in Evia almost every day, we never bothered to eat in Brasas, the only restaurant in Evia open as of now. This was mostly because it seemed a little bit expensive from the outside, and we had no idea what the food was! I have seen the Brasas fast-food branch in SM Aura, but I never had the chance to try out their food.

I decided to give it a try though when my good friend Alex said she tried it in SM and it was super good! She was actually wondering why they opened a branch in our area, haha. It's a really good thing that she told us about it, because the food was super yummy!



Here are the interiors of their Evia branch. As you can see, it's super nice. They place nice South American music throughout the day even outside, which makes you feel like you're in Brazil! Outside the bar there are tables provided by Evia, where you can chill at after dinner. (I highly suggest this as it gets really nice and cool in Evia in the evenings, almost close to Tagaytay weather. I really don't know why.)

Here's their menu (which also serves as their placemat.) As you can see, some of the dishes are a bit more expensive than fast-food, yes still cheaper or at par with regular restaurants. When you eyeball the dishes upon arrival, they do seem a bit large. However, all the dishes were just right (in size) for me.


I am OBSESSED with restaurant iced teas. Even if the restaurant has okay food, if their iced tea was so-so, I don't usually come back for a while. Their iced tea, which I thought would be different from the usual (based on the description on the menu), reminded me of Banapple's Iced tea. It was very refreshing and tangy. I liked it!

Pastel de Chocola (P240)
I got the Pastel de Chocola. It reminded me of Pastel de Lengua, only the bits and pieces inside were sliced into very small cubes, and the top was grainier, and had a corn taste to it. It was delicious, and well worth it's price.
Puerco Asado (P280)
Justin got the Puerco Asado, and if you can't tell by the picture, it was a big serving. I was actually a bit surprised when it arrived. This was cooked really well, firm but not hard, with a crispy skin. Personally, though, the star of this dish was the rice with the black beans. That was really good.

I met up with my friends that evening and ate there again, therefore getting the chance to have the Puerco Asado. I really enjoyed it, though if you're not that hungry I would suggest a different dish since this is quite heavy.

Sangria, P220
The waiter suggested that we a Sangria. Ordinarily, we are not lunchtime drinkers even if we love wine. However, we had a reason to celebrate that lunch, as we had just closed on our new home and paid our balance. So we decided to splurge... and share a Sangria glass. Haha. (Honestly when we ordered it, we didn't know the price and found it quite expensive when we got the bill! We're just kuripot like that!)

This was really good too. I think the alcohol level in it (I'm not sure what they mixed in aside from the wine) was quite high, as we were both tipsy after. I mean, I have a low tolerance for alcohol, but we're talking 2 sips here! I would order this again too, on a special occassion.

Service was good, the waiters were very attentive. However, on evenings, when the restaurant is quite full, the food could take a while (I don't blame them though, since there's a lot of people at night.) All in all, we had very good experiences in Brasas the two times we were there. We're so glad we have a nice restaurant to go to in our area now. 

Brasas
Evia Lifestyle Center
Daang Hari, Cavite
(near Rustan's, McDonald's, and Starbucks)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)