Tampopo Greenhills

I was looking forward to visiting the new wing of Greenhills Promenade. Last time we were there, none of the new restaurants or stores were open yet. I got to drop by with Justin a few days ago, and Yay! Some restaurants were open!

We happened to pass by Tampopo while looking for Sonja's Cupcakes, and since it was an open restaurant we could smell the food and see what people were eating. We looooveeee ramen and tonkatsu, so to see a place that sold BOTH? Yeehaw!!


Tampopo specializes in both ramen and tonkatsu dishes (think Yushoken and Yabu combined), which makes it a very promising restaurant. Looking thru their menus, some of their dishes use top grade Black Pig, which sounds yummy (but we didn't order.) It is a Singaporean company, and this branch is the first outside Singapore. Later on, I would find out that it has 3 owners (2 of which are Chris Tiu and TY Tang.)


Justin had their Tonkatsu set. It is similar to the sets of Yabu, but according to Justin Yabu's set was better. The one using Black Pig is a lot more expensive, at around P750+ per set, whereas this one was P380+. It should be noted that unlike other Tonkatsu/Katsudon places, the rice, soup and cabbage are not unlimited.



I had their ramen, since I really love ramen. I don't remember the exact dish I ordered, but I believe it was their Miso Deluxe Ramen (P420+). The problem with me and ramen is, my very first ramen came from Yushoken. And nothing beats Yushoken (expect, perhaps, Ukkokei, which I have yet to try.) I've tried a lot of ramen joints, only to be disappointed because nothing even comes close to my Yushoken experience.

This dish was good - milky, spicy, savory all at the same time. It's not the same as Yushoken, but of all the ramens I've tried up North, this one is pretty high on the list.

For desserts, they offer Red Mango products, which happens to be right beside the restaurant. This is also owned by Chris Tiu (ahhh, perfection much Chris??) so I guess that explains the tieu-up, which business wise seems like a clever decision. 

Tampopo
Ground Floor, Promenade 3
Greenhills Shopping Center
(In front of Sonja's Cupcakes)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)