Calcium Supplements for Breastfeeding Moms

Often times breastfeeding moms forget to take the necessary vitamins since they're so tired or distracted.  However, taking of calcium is so so important. Your body depletes your calcium stores during pregnancy, and  some more during breastfeeding. I personally take Calcium Carbonate (Calci-Aid) by Bayer because I prefer gel capsules over tablets.

The recommended dose is 1000mg, but if you're a young mom (14-18 years old) the recommended dose is 1,300 since you are also still building your bones. Calci-Aid is 500mg per capsule, so I take two a day. You can get calcium from a well-rounded diet, but I don't take chances since with out schedule, I don't get to monitor my vitamin intake.

Since I don't drink cow's milk (since some of the babies I donate to are allergic to the protein of cow's milk), taking calcium supplements are important everyday. I've heard of some moms who suddenly feel weak, like their bones hurt, and their doctors tell them it's from lack of calcium and other vitamins. Be careful! This can lead to osteoporosis later in life. And don't assume that pre-natal vitamins are calcium filled, since they're not made for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)