The Story of the Mumu

If you follow me on twitter or on BBM, chances are, you've seen me post about this last week.

In the middle of a big party, amongst 6 parties for Party Time and 4 for Saibachi (yes, it was a really hectic but successful day!) my mom calls me. Since I knew it would be hell day, I expected it to be an event problem.

"Hello, Mom?"

"Chamy (my nickname at home), Mika took a picture of a ghost in her room!"

I thought I hear her wrong since the sound system in the venue was really loud, so I went out of Ramon Magsaysay to hear her better. My mom was hanging out with the kids at home while J and I were supervising events.

"Ma, what did you say?"

"Mika took a picture of a mumu in her room!"

"Which room ma, upstairs or downstairs?" (As if this was relevant!)

"Upstairs, her room! And the ghost was smiling at her, you can see her teeth! And she had eyeglasses! She was on the wall! She kinda looks like me.. or lola. But it's not us!"

I told my mom I would call her back after the event, since I was busy. But I was definitely creeped out.
So I called Justin and told him what mom said, and told him to call Yaya to ask what happened.

Justin texted me after he spoke with Yaya. Apparently, using Josh's Nintendo 3DS, Mika took a picture of her room, and a black and white face was smiling back at the camera. With eyeglasses. Creepy right? I got goosebumps reading the text. You'd think with having an Angel watching over us, I wouldn't be worried at all, but there was something freaky about having a ghost on a photo.  J came to pick me up after my event, and we discussed going home the creepy situation. At that point my mom went across the street with the kids to the other house, most likely because they were a bit freaked out.

I texted my brother Carlo about the situation on the way home, and he said "Mika saw a ghost and took it's picture? Tapang ah!" Haha that made me laugh (because in fairness, if she did that, grabe!) As we drove up the house, Carlo arrived. We went inside the house together and asked for the Nintendo from Yaya.

I couldn't bear to see the photo since I was so scared. So Carlo took the Nintendo first and peered at the picture. He said slowly, "oo nga noh!" Which really scared me! Then he said "she kinda looks like Chamy (me)." THAT really freaked me out!

Justin took the DS and said "oo nga!" Then he said "medyo kamukha nga ni mom." The heck! I took the DS and bravely looked at the screen.
Me. Mumufied. 

WHAT THE HECK!!? It's ME!!

I gritted my teeth and turned to Carlo and J, I didn't know whether to laugh or hit them. It was MY photo, watermarked! and the sides were cropped out (portrait style) so you could only see eyes, eyeglasses, and teeth! (Scary nga naman.) I seriously couldn't believe they ALL didn't realize it was me! (Offended much?) The kids made a mistake with an old picture they took of me, and instead of putting mustaches or what not, the picture made me look like a ghost!

So I crossed the street and explained it to my mom, who was very much relieved. When I got back to the house, J and Carlo were in Mika's room, taking pictures (hindi pa ata convinced it was me, haha). I stood next to the darn DS with my eyeglasses, just to prove my point.)

And that, dear Lara, is the story of the Mumu. =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)

Calcium Supplements for Breastfeeding Moms