The Cake.

Earlier this evening, I was feeling a little sad (I know, I'm so emo, you can probably tell from this blog).   It really came out of nowhere -- I was working on payslips with Itunes on my Mac, and the song "We are Young" (the Glee version) came on, and it reminded me of last Christmas, when I was driving alone in my car and the song was playing, and I thought I could possibly be pregnant. See, almost everything is a trigger for me, haha. Anyways, the song got all me sad and quiet, and I went to lie down for a while. J noticed the sudden change, left the room, and came back with the 2 kids. And 2 puppies. Then had the kids climb on top of me on the bed. Then dumped the puppies on my head. (My husband, thru almost 15 years of being together, knows what distracts me).

Alas, the puppy and kids dumping was not enough tonight (and the fur was making my cough worse), and the kids were eventually called off by their yaya for dinner. J took the puppies down and invited me to visit my brother at St. James Bazaar, a few blocks away, after dinner. After washing my face, I went downstairs and yaya yelled out "Maam, may nag-iwan ng cakeeeeeee!"

I walked into the kitchen and found a shiny red box on the top of the table. When I opened it, I gasped, then I heard J (who was behind me pala) gasp as well. It was a gorgeous chocolate cake. Malamig pa!


J and I are HUGE chocoholics and this cake was bee-yutiful. It was from the Mortel family, who had come to pick up milk (and I only had a few ounces for them, which is my regret because they only got today's supply). They had thoughtfully bought us this cake from Total (supplied by Purple Oven) and golly wow it was really good! I'm in Total EVERY SINGLE DAY and I didn't realize their chocolate cake was delish!


Justin had the cake before I did because he wiped out his dinner so fast, and he kept saying it was so good.


J: It's so good. Seriously pare. You have to try it. Now na. (Yes, that's how we talk to each other when we're talking about food).

M: Pare, can I please finish the bangus belly first?

J (Putting a slice on a plate): No, seriously, bite mo na. It's so good talaga.

M (after a bite): Hoo gash! It is good! What iz diz? (Turns the box around and around looking for a logo.

*On a sidenote, I realized that our conversation reads a little 'bakla', but that's how we really humor each other over dinner.



Since we were foodies and we've tasted almost all the chocolate cakes in Manila, I was thinking that he was being OA (and he must have been starving or something). But yes, it was really really good! Not too sweet, but fudgy! The box didn't have any name, so I had to sheepishly text Anna to ask where she got it (because J just HAD to know). Who would've thought it came from our favorite gasoline station/tambayan?

Needless to say, we didn't go to St. James Bazaar anymore, and our moods changed (chocolate lang pala kulang). The cake must have been, ehem, heaven-sent. Thank you Mortel family! Hope your baby comes home soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)

Calcium Supplements for Breastfeeding Moms