Lucky Chinatown Mall

I've been wanting to blog about this for a week or so, but I didn't have the time. I just feel so... passionate about this mall. It's MIND BLOWING. It's beautiful.  It reminds me of our travels in Bangkok and Singapore.

What is this fabulous mall? LUCKY CHINATOWN MALL in Divisoria!!

BreadTalk, Super nice food court, Chinese Lanterns, Chatime?? Huwat??
My picture collages don't do justice. Let me explain why I love this mall so much.


Due to the nature of our work, my husband and I used to go weekly to Divisoria. Traffic and parking was very difficult back then, and clean food was even harder to come by. I landed myself in the hospital a few years back from food poisoning in Divisoria, which ended my breastfeeding with my first child *shudder*. Eventually, our staff was trained to do the Divisoria shopping for us, and for years we would only go there once or twice, if it was really important. 
Beauty Bar, Roboto San coming soon! And Mary Grace!
Fast forward to 2012. As I loveeee Cotton On in HengggKenggg, I followed their Twitter account when they opened in the Philippines. Then on one of their tweets, they said they were opening in Lucky Chinatown Mall. Weh?? Where is this place? I wasn't that curious, but I decided to check it out when we went to Divi to buy prizes for Josh's Birthday Party.

I saw it on the main road leading to our regular parking in 168, so I convinced Justin to turn left into it's parking entrance. BEST DECISION EVER! We were impressed that a) at 10AM (which is late in Divi time) there were several free parking slots left; b) the parking was clean with several guards; and c) all the cars were parked very neatly and systematically.

This, however, would not compare to our JAW DROP when we entered the mall. We entered through the Cinemas entrance, and were welcomed by Mr. Bean. MR. BEAN IS IN DIVI?? We just got it in ATC! As we went down the escalator, we saw their beautiful food court and restaurants. But you know what really took us over the edge? Seeing the following restaurants and stores. It was like, a mini Alabang Town Center. This is, BTW, in in no particular order. I had to come back there after 2 days for something, and while waiting I walked around and saw a couple more stores, and I was STILL amazed.

Beat this:
ChaTime      Baby Fashionistas      158 Designer's Boulevard    Charles and Keith
Mary Grace    Red Crab   King Chef      Aldo   Breadtalk    Happy Lemon   Payless
UCC Cafe Terrace    Italianni's    Little Asia   Beabi    Beauty Bar    Metro Gaisano
Res Toe Run      Shiseido    Samsonite   Toy Kingdom

And much much more. It's a small mall, but it's jampacked.

When you're like us, who for years, have been dealing with the crowds, traffic, parking and food courts of Divi Mall, Lucky Chinatown Mall is mind-blowing. I mean, 168 was STEP-UP, but Lucky Chinatown is deeee place to be.

While munching on breakfast at Bread Talk (which is literally a tumbling away from the entrance of 168) I mentioned to J that this mall must have an excellent sales division in order to convince these high-end stores to place in Divi. I would later find out from my brother that it is owned by Megaworld. No wonderrrrrrr. People were inside the mall having meetings and milling around. Outside they had hanging oriental lanterns which reminded me of displays in Bangkok malls. 

On my 2nd trip here a few days after, I went alone because J and I had multiple and separate events. Unlike my previous trips alone a few years back, this one was seamless. Park, enter LCM. Cross the street, pickup the items I needed in 168, cross back and take the elevator back to my car. (There's a lot of security in the parking so no need to worry about your things). May lounge pa the elevator area! I was waiting for something, so I went around the mall some more. Everywhere I went people's mouths were hanging open. I think everyone was as shocked as I was! Bought milk tea from Happy Lemon. Chilled out. I never thought I'd be able to do these things in Divi!

I know I'm raving and raving, but honestly, it's so impressive to have that mall there. It just makes it sooo much easier to go to Divi alone. It changes the landscape of Divisoria COMPLETELY. I will patronize this mall with all the centavos I have to make sure it does well! 

So next time you're in Divi, you must must must park your car here and check it out. Such exciting times for Divi-maniacs!

Cotton On, King Chef, Resorts World Lounge, Christmas decors galore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)

Calcium Supplements for Breastfeeding Moms