Maple Alabang and Maple Shangrila

Maple Maple Maple. Everyone from the North / Fort / Makati area seems to love Maple! I've always understood it as the high-end version of Pancake House, but never had the chance to try it, even if I always drive past the McKinley branch with Just. (He must have heard "Hey look, it's Maple!" a million times from me already)

So imagine my glee when they opened a branch in Alabang just this December!

Alex and Pi scheduled our annual Christmas 3-Eggs Brekky here (instead of our yearly Pancake House.) Sosyal na kame, haha! Thank goodness they were open on December 24. Usually Justin comes with us, but our company Christmas party ended at 3AM, and needless to say, he didn't and couldn't get up on time!

Maple may be tricky to find since it's not facing or along a main road like Commerce Avenue. So the best landmark is once you see Army Navy / Yellow Cab or Mona Lisa, you're in the area. Just circle the complex.

Maple has lovely rustic and woody interiors, a refreshing change from the Shabby Chic trend I see everywhere. Comfy couches are available aside from the regular tables and chairs. Oh, and I so love their placemat! We were seated in their second floor, which had a lovely view of the outside road and pretty morning sun. There were a lot of people having breakfast there too, though the 1st floor wasn't occupied at all.
Their house-blend iced tea. It's okay for me, nothing super.
Oh yeaaaahhhhh
We all got their Eggs Benedict. I LOVE Eggs Benedict. And this was the best I've ever had! The price is a bit steep (though where did you ever see cheap Eggs Bens?), but they were delicious. The ham used reminded me of Majestic Ham. I think their version was even yummier than the ones we had at Breakfast at Antonios (though Antonios will always be No. 1 in my heart!) These take a while to make though, so expect a 20 minutes or so waiting time. It's worth the wait!

Chipmunk face from bingeing the night before. 
It was definitely a fun Christmas breakfast for our barkada!

A few days after, my High School barkada wanted to meet up for a few hours, since our BFF Stef was back in town from Canada. Since she was pregnant and couldn't go far from Ortigas, we agreed to meet in Shagrila. Guess where we ate? (Okay fine, I kinda force them into it.) Maple again!

I was quite full by the time I met them, since I came from eating in Tampopo Greenhills. So I just decided to have dessert, and this one was highlighted in their menu.


This is their version of Bread Pudding with Rum. Forgive me, I forgot the exact name. This was soooo yummy! I'm definitely getting this again when I'm with Justin. It had yummy fruit slices on top to cleverly remove the "umay" factor you often get with rich puddings. It was good for about 4 people, which is saying a lot because I can eat good for 4 persons and I couldn't finish it, haha. Super yum!

Spacious, woody interiors of Maple Shangrila.
Pat got the Eggs Benedict too (and couldn't finish it), while Stef got this Blueberry stacked something, and she said it was also delicious. It was quite big as well. Everything we ordered is actually good for sharing. Waiters were nice, courteous, and attentive.



It was great seeing our pregnant Steffy again, after years of Watsapping! 

Thanks Maple for my yummy Christmas meet-ups!

Maple Filinvest Alabang 
Ground Floor 
Commerce Center
Filinvest City, Alabang

Maple Shangri-la Plaza Mall
LG/F Shangri-la Plaza Mall
East Wing, Shaw Blvd Corner EDSA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)