Slappy Cakes Eastwood

After seeing several posts on this in my FB wall, I've been looking forward to bringing my kids to Slappy Cakes, just because it looks like fun! In theory the kids can do this at home (kuripot hits), but it looked a lot safer in their setup (and mess-free for us!)

Luckily, Slappy Cakes Eastwood was open on January 1, when we were in the area. And it wasn't full! *Miracle!*
Photo Op time!
Clean interiors
The interiors of Slappy cakes are very clean and simple. What is unique about their tables is the pancake griddle in the center (similar to the setup of Yakimix) where kids can make their own pancakes. Utensils for pancake flipping are available on the side, along with maple and mango syrup.

Daddy watching Josh make pancakes
Here's Josh making his first set of pancakes. We purchased for the kids 2 servings/squeeze bottles of buttermilk pancakes, which, if I recall correctly, were P220@. No toppings are available for the P220, you can choose to add things on toppings, which are priced about P30 onwards each. The kids got bananas and chocolate syrup, too.

Mika made me a chocolate heart! 
Slappy Cakes' version of Eggs Ben
Justin and I availed on their version of Eggs Benedict with Pork. I liked it, but I found the pork a bit thick and tough. I was used to cutting into my Eggs Ben without any problems because thin slices of ham are often used. They used pancakes for the bottoms, instead of biscuits.

Mika making shapes and initials
The kids became move adventurous after a while, making shapes and letters with their pancake mix. The pancakes were good (even if our kids flattened them a bit.) 

Bumblebee head courtesy of our Cosplayer Supplier, Myk. Josh wouldn't take it off.
All in all, the kids had a good time at Slappy Cakes, and I'm sure they will ask us to bring them back soon. I hope they open a branch in the South!

Slappy Cakes
Ground Floor, Eastwood Mall,
E. Rodriguez Avenue, Quezon City


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM Arena Ticketnet -- When You Lose Your Tickets

Hotel Transylvania, Wreck It Ralph

Meat Plus Cafe (Subic)